Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Skrink and Curl

For my birthday I got a Certificate of Creativity, enabling me to a trip to Hobby Lobby, a Klutz Kit, and something I chose. I recently ordered the Klutz Kit off of Amazon.com. It is called Shrink Art Jewelry, and you make jewelry out of shrinkydinks! For those of you who don't know, shrinkydinks are pieces of plastic. So you have sheet of shrink plastic, and you draw something on it. Then you cut it out, stick it in the oven, and, voila, you have a tiny piece of decorated plastic. They shrink down a LOT, about a third of the size of the plastic you cut out.

So anyway, yesterday, it arrived in the mail- YAY YAY YAY! Today, after I finished all of my schoolwork, I started working. Now, also in this kit there are a ton of patterns, suck as flowers and animals and all. There is a really cute squirrel in there, and as you may know, I am fond of squirrels. So... I traced it and colored it. I was going to make a pendant necklace, and so I did.

I have now made... a pair of earrings- a star and a moon, colored yellow and black, a pendant with a yellow and red plaid background with an outline of an ADORABLE rabbit, a tear-shaped pendant with an A on it, for Anna.... I will post pictures in a minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment