Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Dear Pen Pal

This is the third book in the Mother Daughter Book Club series by Heather Vogel Frederick. I read the first two a couple of years ago, and when my neighbors checked Dear Pen Pal out of the library, I started reading it when I went over there.

In this book the members of the Mother Daughter Book Club read Daddy Long Legs and Just Patty, both by Jean Webster. The five girls, Megan, Emma, Jess, Cassidy, and Becca, each have pen pals who are in another Mother Daughter Book Club and are reading the same books. Jess is at a boarding school for the first time and is stuck with a classically rich and mean roommate, Savannah, who naturally turns out to be all right after all. Each chapter is from the view of Megan, Emma, Jess, or Cassidy, and Heather Vogel Frederick depicts each character well.

The writing is not what I'd call fantastic, but I still enjoy reading them. You may be better off reading Daddy Long Legs instead, but this is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment