Thursday, March 03, 2011

Behind the Times of Arkansas

Last Thursday, around 11:45, Rose, Mrs. Dougherty, and I set off to visit Rose's grandma in Arkansas. Six hour drive one way. It was so much fun.... Anybody who knows Rose and I will know how I mean.

We read a lot of Agatha Christie. I was reading POCKET FULL OF RYE, she was reading TOWARDS ZERO. I haven't yet finished Pocket Full of Rye. We also played out own version of Clue, Five Crowns, and we ate a lot. Well, not too much. A whole lot of mint oreos.

When we got to Rose's grandma's house, Rose and I were showed to out room, which was on the first floor. And almost the only thing on the first floor. Outside the window, was a sort of room, it was under the porch, and as our room was slightly underground, the floor of the room was almost level with the window. It was a brilliantly amazing place. We explored it Friday.

We had pizza for dinner, and cake for dessert. After dinner, we watched, I believe it was on Thursday, Doctor Who, Rise of the Cybermen and Age of Steel. Then Rose and I went to bed, and stayed up very very very very very very very very late reading Agatha Christie.

The next morning, we woke up around 9:15-9:30. For breakfast we had cereal, and then we went outside to explore the neighborhood, just Rose and me. We found a little creek we'd passed on the way, from all the rain. We crossed a fallen log to get to the other side of the two foot wide river. Super fun, eh?

We explored the little room outside our window, and it is super duper cool. We took some pictures and videos, unfortunately i can't get them onto the computer.

Then, Rose, Mrs. Dougherty and I went to a park. There was a tennis court, a small playground, and an interesting sport quite like tennis called 'pickle ball.' In the playground is one of those cool spiderweb things that you climb on, you know. Exactly like the one in the picture above.

There was also a wicked cool hang glide thing there, and Rose and I spent quite a lot of time getting blisters on that.

Back at Rose's Grandma's house, we watched an episode of Dr Who, The Unicorn and the Wasp. We also played some Clue, our own Dr Who version, and then we went out to dinner at a place called DEBRA'S with the four of us and Rose's Grandma's friend Stan. Rose and I got catfish, Stan and Rose's Grandma got shrimp, and I don't know what Mrs. Dougherty got.

Back at Rose's Grandma's house, we watched another episode of Dr Who, a Christmas Special, The Runaway Bride. Then we played 5 Crowns and Black Jack. Rose and I went to bed shortly after, and I read Series of Unfortunate Events, The Bad Beginning, and Rose read Agatha Christie, Partners in Crime.

The next morning, we got up around 8:30, and had fried eggs for breakfast.

"Is your yolk cooked?" asked Rose.
"Is everything okay?" asked Rose's Grandma.
"Kind of, not really," I said.

Isn't it funny? Yes? Oh come on, I just know you're laughing like crazy. No way to hide from me.

We set off around 10:00, and got home around 4:00. It was a pretty basic drive. And that is my Arkansas Tale.  

No comments:

Post a Comment