Tuesday, January 03, 2012

It's the Thought That Counts.

150? Was I serious? Scrambling to complete that unrealistic goal would have been boring to say the least for my few followers. But even if I haven't even gotten to 100 posts in the last two years, that's not to say I haven't been writing, as any of you will know from my, albeit infrequent, posts.

It's a total coincidence that I'm writing on the second anniversary of To Live A Life, by the way.

I started the first day of 2012 in the car. On the way home from Big Bend. I can't say I was sad to leave.

Two days after Christmas, that same car trip took place in reverse. At 6:00 in the morning (actually, it was 6:45 a.m.) nine of our family and Christopher Joseph piled into the rented 15 passenger van and set off to the wilderness. David and Nathan were the fortunate family members who got to stay home. Fortunate in my opinion.

Most people slept in the car. I tried. But I've never been able to sleep much in cars, so as soon it got light, I was writing and listening to Artemis Fowl on my magical orange iPod.

We spent the first freezing night in Big bend in the Cottonwood campgrounds, and it was beautiful. Even though we neglected to put up our tent and there was no protection from evil wild things, I managed to get a little bit of sleep.

I being an excessively indoors person, almost everything I say about Big Bend will come out negative. So I'll skip the next couple of days when everybody was hiking up in the mountains except for me, Mom, and Dad. We stayed in the Basin camp, going on day hikes and stuff.

The backpackers came back on the 30th, and on New Year's Eve, all ten of us went to Santa Elena Canyon.

Santa Elena was the all time best part of Big Bend. It was beautiful, cool, everybody was there, we had tons of fun, and the name is spectacular. Santa Elena. Pure brilliance.

Santa Elena ruled out all the bad stuff in Big Bend. It gave me loads of great ideas for writing. And again, the name just makes me happy.

On New Year's Day, we, as I mentioned before, drove home. But before that, we stopped at the Hot Springs. It was very nice, though I only stuck my feet in the naturally hot water.

Then we were home. And waiting for me on the table, all taped up in a cardboard box, were the two new series of Doctor Who I ordered the day before we left. I love them.

Happy New Year? I hope so.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! i really appreciate for sharing this info. Your blog site is cool. I am so impressed by the info that you've in this blog site. Thanks for your info. Good luck.

    Fifteen passenger van rental

    ReplyDelete