Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Break!

On Sunday, March seventh, we headed out to Ruidoso, New Mexico, for Spring break! We left at about ten, and got there about... eight or nine, maybe. I won't go deep into details.

When we arrived, Homer was so delighted to be there, that he was just running around like an angel. We hat hotdogs for supper, and I stayed up till eleven reading WARRIORS: Bluestar's Prophecy Super Edition. It was really sad.

On Monday, I got up at about eight and had some sugared cereal for breakfast. I read Bluestar's Prophecy some more, and finished it. I cried three times during it and for about an hour afterwards. Other than that, I didn't do much.

On Tuesday, I did basically the same, but I was reading Guardians of Ga'Hoole, The Capture. It is about owls. I rolled around in a bit of snow with my big stuffed dog, named Big Dog.

On Wednesday, it was bright and sunny and cold. We went to town buying stuff, pardon the pun. I got three locker buddies for myself, which are like tiny stuffed animals with magnets in their paws. I named them all after places in New Mexico, and renamed one of my old ones. First, a grey and white pug, named Marble Court, the street the Ruidoso house is on. Then, a really orange cat, and her name is Sunny Slopes, some random street. Then, a light grey one, named Misty Mountain, a gourmet sweet shop. Then, the older one, is a siamese cat whose name WAS Eena Jane but is now Piney Woods, because there are soooooooo many pine trees in Ruidoso! I now have seventeen locker buddies. I also got, for my friend Rose, a little wooden box that when you open the box, a little bug wiggles his silver legs. His name is Bob. I bought Atheena something too, but she hasn't gotten it yet so I won't say what it is. I also got myself a little ring bowl at our favorite pottery shop, and my Mom got me a little box shaped like a rabbit that is purple and it has a necklace inside of little bunny. It is going to be an Easter Present. I am now going to forget all about it.

On Thursday, my Mom and I made some shrink art jewelry! My Mom made these gorgeous earrings that are blue squares, with a purple oval hanging down that looks like a feather, and a little square full of punched holes in a pattern called filigree. I made a pair of earrings, too, only they are circles and one has cherries on it and the other a strawberry. I also made another ring. I will post pictures sometime.

On Friday, we left around ten o'clock, and I listened to ARtemis Fowl almost the entire time. The trip went really fast. So, now that you've sped through it, I will go and do something worthwhile. Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment